Love Birds are quite common to exist in most of our homes in Kuwait, if you don’t own one i am pretty sure that a relative would have ac couple in their house. Love birds are known for their active and bubbly personalities and they must live in pairs other wise a sad and lonely bird you’ll be responsible for.
In order for you to have some quick information regarding these birds i have brought you some to get you started.
1- Choose a lovebird from a breeder or pet retailer. The peach faced variety seems to be tamer and more affectionate than its more beautiful counterparts. Check the health at your chosen Vet and make sure the bird is healthy prior f purchase.
2- Provide a cage at least 24 to 30 inches approx. 35x30x50 cm with at least 2 perches. The perch needs to be small enough to accommodate the birds feet. Take care to keep the cage clean and place new birds in a quiet location for at least 30 days to acclimate.
3- Add toys or activities to the cage. Ladders and swings are favorites as well as bamboo rings available at Pet Zone or other pet care and food providers.
4- Feed with a seed mix recommended for lovebirds. They need food that contains nutritional supplements to maintain health. Give them fresh food treats 3 or 4 times a week. They love apples and vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, cabbage and spinach. Whole grain breads are okay, but avoid high fat, salt and sugar. Promptly remove any uneaten food from the cage.
5- Supplement your bird’s diet with cuttlebone, kept in the cage.
6- Take your new birds to the vet for an initial checkup and follow his advice for future visits and care.
* Make sure to cover the birds cage with light cool and air flow cover for at least for 8 hours at night in order for them to sleep, if they are in a common area like the family room or the corridors.
* Keep a shallow dish of water in the cage once every week in order for the birds to wash and play. Lovebirds love water baths. – remove after 1 or 2 days of placing the dish.
* Make sure to have enough sunlight – fresh air exposure. Birds are like humans they need sunlight and fresh air.
* Make sure to enjoy your Love Birds :)
One of the most Inspiring Non-Profit Organization/Society Aids for Animals in Kuwait is K’S PATH ( Kuwait Society for the Protection of Animals and Their Habitat) I have visited their shelter in WAFRA area and admired the work they do. in September 2012 K’S PATH have done an amazing Saluki Rescue Operation. I have seen the Raw footage from 2:48am Blog and decided to raise the awareness of animal cruelty and negligence. Watch the Video Below from John Peaveler MD of K’s PATH.
PS. The video your about to Drop your jaw, Roll your eyes for contains graphic footage.
To know about Sheba’s Story click Here
To Know more about other rescue stories click Here.
To Help and Donate click Here.
I’ve always have been astound by this particular breed. The bald look and the wide eyes just keeps me starring to their faces. So today I have decided to bring you some information about “Sphynx” breed. Info copy right belongs to WWW.Cat-breed-info.com.
The Sphynx lacks an absorbent coat and their skin often gets oily, making it necessary for you to bath your Sphynx cat. During cooler periods and the winter season it is very important that you provide adequate shelter for these hairless cats as they do not have the fur coats necessary to protect them from the cold and chilled weather. It is always recommended to supply some Furry beds or blankets to rub their skinny bodies for heat. Fur beds can be purchased at any pet supply store I believe PetZone and Ace Hardware store have some of them. It is also very important to use a veterinary sun block as the Sphynx can get sunburned easily in case of outdoor activity or direct sunlight on your cat.
Even though the Sphynx appears hairless, this does not mean that they are hypo-allergenic and will not cause any allergic reactions. The saliva of cats often contain the same protein that the dander does that is responsible for allergic reactions.
Personality & Temperament
This unusual looking cat breed is highly intelligent, curious and affectionate. You will often find the Sphynx snuggled under the blankets with you, not just for warmth, but also to be as close as possible to you :-D. Sometimes dog-like in their loyalty, the Sphynx makes a loving companion.
Most Sphynx cats get along well with children and other pets and they are very behaved around new guests.
This hairless cat breed does not have to be entertained the whole time, but will be perfectly content to play with a piece of crumpled paper for hours.
– If a Copperhead snake loses a fang it can replace it with a spare. It has up to seven spare fangs. The longer a Copperhead snake is the longer its fangs are.
– Frogs sleep with their eyes open. It’s hard to sneak up on a frog, they can see in all directions at once.
– Fear of frogs is know as Frog Phobia or Ranidaphobia.
– A Shark’s teeth are normally replaced every eight days.
– Man-eating sharks prefer to eat men, Studies Shows that 13 males are bitten for every one female.
– A Great White Shark can go without eating for – up to three months.
– If you lift a Kangaroo’s tail off the ground it can’t hop.
– A group of Kangaroos is called a mob.
– A young Kangaroo is called a Joey.
– Penguins can jump 6 feet in the air.
– Emus and kangaroos cannot walk backwards.
– Beavers can hold their breathe for 45 minutes under water.
– The smallest bird in the world is the Humming Bird. It weighs less than 1 oz (or 1g).
– A bear can run at speeds of up to 30 miles per hour (48 km/h).
Hey Guys, A reader was asking about Dog Boarding Kennels accepts medium to large dog breeds ” Labrador Mix” which are clean reliable and not too expensive in Kuwait. She will be out of the country for about a month and she was wondering if there is any around ?
any suggestions Guys ?!